special-needs-law-avslawIs there someone in your family that suffers from a medical, mental or psychological condition that requires assistance for that disability? Could Special Needs law help you?

Often the programs and assistance required for these individuals are only accessed through government sponsored and paid programs.  And that means that your Special Needs Person must be financially qualified to receive governmental benefits.  The gift or inheritance that you have set aside for your Special Needs Person could jeopardize his or her ability to qualify for the governmental sponsored program.  All of your hard earned money would go to pay for what the government would otherwise pay for, and your Special Needs Person would not be any better off for it.

Insure that the gift you give and the inheritance that you leave go to enhance the life of your Special Needs Person. 

We can help you by counseling you and creating a Special Needs Trust to benefit your Special Needs Person, allow him to continue to qualify for governmental benefits and to receive the benefit of your gift as well.
Additionally, sometimes the beneficiary of the Special Needs Trust has substantial assets of their own.  A self-settled Supplemental Needs Trust can also be established for such a person.  Those monies can be transferred into the Trust and used to supplement the benefits that the person already receives and enhance their lifestyle.

Some people are tempted to just leave the money to another relative and verbally tell them to use it for the Special Needs Person’s benefit.  There is no guarantee that the person will follow through with that request, or that the monies will be safe guarded for your Special Needs Person.  We can counsel you and help you set up a plan that is appropriate for your family and your circumstances. 

CALL OUR OFFICE at (800) 471-4730 or contact us with an email request using the form below. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.

Browse our site to learn more about:

 This Blog/Web Site is made available by the publisher for educational purposes only as well as to give you general information and a general understanding of the law, not to provide specific legal advice. By using this blog site you understand that there is no attorney client relationship between you and the Blog/Web Site publisher. The Blog/Web Site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney in your state.